The methods I use include visual recording, visual reflection, and personal visioning.
Visual Recording is also called graphic recording.
When visually recording, I capture a group’s conversation, decision-making or other process live and in real time with images, pictures, words and phrases.
The result is a concrete artifact that helps participants
- generate ideas
- focus conversation and attention
- deepen dialogue
- clarify and resolve confusion
- make connections
- create next action steps
In a Visual Reflection I interpret major ideas and issues of a conversation. With a group or individual, I visualize and represent important and recurring themes and metaphors.
Through Visual Reflection
- Participants may interact with the artifact and help create new meaning
- Aesthetic and metaphoric content may be emphasized and reworked after the fact
- The visual product may be enhanced for clarity and visual appeal after the meeting
In Personal Visioning and goal setting, I work with individuals to create a personal vision map including goals, priorities, and intentions.
Personal Visioning Map
- Is created in collaboration with you in a safe, comfortable setting
- Reflects a big picture of your most important work, purpose and vision
- Is drawn live during an interview
- Creates a map that may include history, goals and intentions for specific action
- Clarifies next steps
- May be revisited over time
Contact me, Patricia Kambitsch, at patricia (at) playthink.com
799.6750 (Toronto) or 937.919.6389 (US).